Should I get the options???
- Echo – No already has it
- nitro knobs – No-already has back lighting
- clear knobs – Yes-gette’m – they’re cool
- Performance Tuning – Yes-Get it
- receive enhancement – Yes Get it
- Frequency display, meter light and channel display upgrades – No-already has it
Best in class power output 100+ watts pep after tuning and top of the line features. Introducing the Stryker SR-497HPC 10 Meter Amateur Radio.
The new Stryker SR-497HPC is the big brother to the SR-447HPC 10 Meter Amateur Radio. We’ve designed it for class leading power with 90+ watts PEP. As with the SR-447HPC we’ve loaded the radio with real world, common sense features that make using it a blast. Highlighted below are some of the more important features that the SR-497HPC offers
7-Color Channel Display – The SR-497HPC features a 7-Color channel display (Stryker Exclusive)
Brilliant 7-Color LED Backlit Face Plate- Choose from 7 colors with the push of a button or let the CPU controller scan through all of the colors on it’s own. Our exclusive face plate design provides operators with back lighted controls, making adjustments even in the darkest conditions easy. Best of all our design is extremely durable and can be dimmed using the color/dimmer button located on the front panel of the radio.
High Power Final Transistor – The SR-497HPC uses four IRF-520 MOSFET transistors that provides the user with 90 + watts PEP. If you want be heard, the SR-497HPC has the power required to do some serious talking.
Multiple Step Dimmer – Our improved dimmer allows you to fine tune how bright you want the backlighting and channel diplay. Simply press and hold the “color” button in until the radio dims to the desired level. You are no longer limited high, medium or low.
Heavy Duty AM Regulator – We’ve upgraded the AM Regulator for increased reliability.
Digital Echo with/ Dual Front Mounted Controls – Provides the operator a much wider range of effects and control than typical factory or aftermarket echo boards. Our board is able to reproduce the human voice with virtually no distortion providing maximum clarity and enjoyment.
Two Different Roger Beeps – Two different roger beeps are included with the SR-447HPC. These are controlled using a switched that is located on the front panel. This is a feature that you will find on virtually no other radio direct from the factory. Most importantly the roger beep can be turned off when it’s not needed.
Variable Power Control – Allows the operator to adjust or vary their carrier from one watt to 25 watts. This is a must have feature if the operator intends to use an external power device.
Variable Talk Back Control – The infamous talk back squeal is virtually eliminated with our independently controlled talk back circuitry. The operator can adjust the volume to the perfect level as operating conditions require. Best of all the user no longer has to turn down the microphone gain to stop the annoying squeal that is often the result of poor design or cost cutting at the production level.
Up-Armored™ Receiver- Our exclusive receiver protection works even under the harshest conditions, such as those experienced at a busy truck stop with many operators running high power radios. In addition our receiver filtering is tighter than most radios on the market. This means adjacent channel rejection is improved.
Additional Features Include:
7-color meter light and channel display
Large round meter that is easy to read
Advanced NB/ANL Circuit Reduces Interference
AM/FM Operation and PA Circuitry
Automatic AWI (Antenna Warning Indicator) alerts the operator if their SWR’s are too high
Multiple step dimmer button on front panel
Front microphone connector for easy mounting in tight spaces
Receive and Microphone gain controls
Frequency Counter Jack pre-wired for FC-390 style counters
1 Year Limited Factory Warranty
Comply with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the condition that this device does not cause harmful interference. Further information can be found at the FCC website http://fcc.gov or the ARRL website http://arrl.org.
Transmitting using this radio requires an Amateur Radio License. Licensing information can be obtained by visiting www.fcc.gov or http://arrl.org. In Canada, visit http://strategis.ic.gc.ca or http://www.rac.ca
Included Radio – Microphone – Mounting bracket and hardware – AC and DC Power cord – Mic hanger – Owners manual
EXPLANATION OF OPTIONAL UPGRADES
- Performance Tuning – From the factory, radios perform below standard. Your radio will be optimized for best transmission performance – Modulation will be set to achieve 100% – The power will be professionally aligned to the highest output allowed by law
- Receive Enhancement – Your radio will be optimized for the best receiving performance – Schottky barrier diodes will replace cheaper diodes in the receive circuitry, the first stage receive transistor will be replaced with a more sensitive better performing transistor and the radio will be professionally aligned.
- Echo Sound Board– [Note: Most 10 meter radios come with this option – Review details or look at picture) – This sound board allows the operator to adjust the amount of reverb controlling both the volume and delay giving you that big radio sound, better overall modulation and more clear transmission. You can also use it to annoy others by messing with the adjustments. This dual control knob may be installed on the left side of the radio, towards the front, or in a factory location on the front of the radio. Examples of echo control installation: Galaxy 29-replaces the rf gain | Galaxy 55-Installed on the side |
- Nitro Light Rings – Colorful LED rings will be installed behind the control knobs. They can be installed behind the original knobs giving it a back-glow effect or you can choose to have Clear Knobs installed in place of the factory originals. These knobs will glow the color of the LED rings you choose. Typically, a dimmer control is installed to adjust the brightness. This knob often replaces the delta-tune knobs on most Cobra radios as that control knob is not necessary. In cases where an Echo control knob is installed in place of the delta-tune knob, the dimmer is normally installed in place of the rf gain (receive strength). The rf gain control will be bypassed, thus setting the strength to high. In other cases, a dimmer knob can be replaced with a dual dimmer knob leaving the stock control of the meter and channel lights and the 2nd knob controlling the nitro lights.
- Clear Knobs – As explained in the Nitro Light Rings section, the radios factory original knobs can be replaced with Clear Knobs. This can be done with or without installing the Nitro Light Rings. When installed in front of the Nitro Light Rings, the Clear Knobs will glow brightly. Without the Nitros, the clear knobs simply give your radio a nice clean modern look.
- Channel and Meter Lights – You can choose to change the color of the channel LED and the meter light. You can also choose to change the color of the frequency display on radios that have one.
- SSB Optimization/Alignment – If you plan on using SSB on a Galaxy radio, (959, 979, 2547, 99, 94, 98) it is highly recommend that the frequency clarifier be opened and the radio realigned. An open clarifier means your transmit and receive will track on the same frequency. When you tune in another radio operator, you will automatically be tuning your transmit onto the same frequency they’re transmitting.
This product complies with fcc regulations for 10 meter/amateur radios. Transmitting on Amateur radio frequencies may require a license in your country. Please check with local authorities. In the U.S. it is legal to purchase and listen on amateur radios frequencies but a license is required to transmit. For more infortion about obtaining a license, visit the ARRL web site.
|Dimensions||15.6 × 11 × 3 in|