Ranger RCI-39VHP Amateur Radio
Note: Echo w/ controls already included — Defiantly get the Performance Tuning and Receive Enhancement/Alignment
A radio that will fit into most truck, with Ranger noise cancelling microphone.
– Big power (80Wpep) in a small package, powerful enough to provide the long range performance
– Dark chrome bezel with chrome knobs
– Build in Echo function
– Variable Talkback to hear your transmitted audio
– Build in auto calibrating SWR meter
– Chrome Ranger SRA-198 noise canceling microphone included
– 3 stage dimmer control convenience for night driving
Frequency Range 28.765~29.205 MHz
Frequency Control Phase-Lock-loop (PLL) Synthesizer
Frequency Stability 0.00%
Temperature Range 25°C
Antenna Impedance 50 Ohms
Antenna Connectors Standard SO-239 type
Input Voltage 13.8V DC
Size 28cm (L) x 18.5cm (W) x 6.0cm (H)
Weight 1.940 KG
RF Power Output AM : 60W pep
Spurious Emission >-65 dB
Audio Distortion <10%
Frequency Response 300 to 2500 Hz
Sensitivity AM: 0.5 uV for 10dB Sinad
Squelch Sensitivity < 0.5 uV
Image Rejection > 50 dB
Audio Power Output 3W @ 10% Distortion
Audio Response 300 to 2500 Hz
Included Radio – Microphone – Mounting bracket and hardware – AC and DC Power cord – Mic hanger – Owners manual
EXPLANATION OF OPTIONAL UPGRADES
- Performance Tuning – From the factory, radios perform below standard. Your radio will be optimized for best transmission performance – Modulation will be set to achieve 100% – The power will be professionally aligned to the highest output allowed by law
- Receive Enhancement – Your radio will be optimized for the best receiving performance – Schottky barrier diodes will replace cheaper diodes in the receive circuitry, the first stage receive transistor will be replaced with a more sensitive better performing transistor and the radio will be professionally aligned.
- Echo Sound Board– [Note: Most 10 meter radios come with this option – Review details or look at picture) – This sound board allows the operator to adjust the amount of reverb controlling both the volume and delay giving you that big radio sound, better overall modulation and more clear transmission. You can also use it to annoy others by messing with the adjustments. This dual control knob may be installed on the left side of the radio, towards the front, or in a factory location on the front of the radio. Examples of echo control installation: Galaxy 29-replaces the rf gain | Galaxy 55-Installed on the side |
- Nitro Light Rings – Colorful LED rings will be installed behind the control knobs. They can be installed behind the original knobs giving it a back-glow effect or you can choose to have Clear Knobs installed in place of the factory originals. These knobs will glow the color of the LED rings you choose. Typically, a dimmer control is installed to adjust the brightness. This knob often replaces the delta-tune knobs on most Cobra radios as that control knob is not necessary. In cases where an Echo control knob is installed in place of the delta-tune knob, the dimmer is normally installed in place of the rf gain (receive strength). The rf gain control will be bypassed, thus setting the strength to high. In other cases, a dimmer knob can be replaced with a dual dimmer knob leaving the stock control of the meter and channel lights and the 2nd knob controlling the nitro lights.
- Clear Knobs – As explained in the Nitro Light Rings section, the radios factory original knobs can be replaced with Clear Knobs. This can be done with or without installing the Nitro Light Rings. When installed in front of the Nitro Light Rings, the Clear Knobs will glow brightly. Without the Nitros, the clear knobs simply give your radio a nice clean modern look.
- Channel and Meter Lights – You can choose to change the color of the channel LED and the meter light. You can also choose to change the color of the frequency display on radios that have one.
- SSB Optimization/Alignment – If you plan on using SSB on a Galaxy radio, (959, 979, 2547, 99, 94, 98) it is highly recommend that the frequency clarifier be opened and the radio realigned. An open clarifier means your transmit and receive will track on the same frequency. When you tune in another radio operator, you will automatically be tuning your transmit onto the same frequency they’re transmitting.
This product complies with fcc regulations for 10 meter/amateur radios. Transmitting on Amateur radio frequencies may require a license in your country. Please check with local authorities. In the U.S. it is legal to purchase and listen on amateur radios frequencies but a license is required to transmit. For more infortion about obtaining a license, visit the ARRL web site.
|Dimensions||15.6 × 11 × 3 in|